WHY DO CLOUD BACKUPS MATTER ?
The threat from Cyber-attacks is increasing and unfortunately does not discriminate on "soft" targets such as Educational Establishments and small businesses.
Arguably, one of the most pernicious and damaging sources of Cyber-attack is the Ransomware virus (types etc) the impacts of which have been much publicised recently. Even data that is backed-up locally is not immune from the devastation a Ransomware attack can cause. Data Forensics is expensive and cannot guarantee the recovery of your data.
More schools and colleges are embarking upon the "Digital Learning Platform" journey where access and storage of Pupil, Staff, Admin and Financial data with on-site back-up is routine. So, try to imagine the devastation to your school if you were unfortunate enough to encounter a malignant Ransomware attack that had also corrupted the on-site back-up system! Not only the impact on the day-to-day running of the school but also the unforeseen cost of probably unsuccessful data recovery attempts.
The only way to guarantee full recovery of your data is to adopt a Cloud based data back-up system.
Fortunately, NETbuilder Education has developed a solution that gives you real peace of mind……..
- We install our agent on your main server(s)
- We select your most critical data or simply select everything.
- We start the initial sync and if it's a little slow, we have a secure alternative to get you sync'd up asap
- We backup your data daily
- We monitor your backups, daily
- We proactively fix any problems that arise
- We provide you an audit of your backups every 6 weeks
- We test restoration every week of random files to ensure backup integrity
- We inform you of any problem that is ongoing for more than 24 hours
- We take ownership of the entire solution from source (your server) to destination (the datacentres)
- We have ticked every box for compliance and protection and have taken no shortcuts to find a solution that works
- We are Disaster Recovery experts
- We do not hassle you to get on your server every time something is wrong
- We share the responsibility of the data with you, you are not alone.
- We keep your data safe from modern day threats (Ransomware, Rootkits, Disgruntled Users)
- We ensured compatibility with any broadband connections, physical and Virtual Systems (Hyper-V and ESXI VMWare)
- ISO 27001 Compliance
- ISO 9001 Compliance
- Compliant with the General Data Protection Regulations
- Cyber Essentials certified
- Full Server Restoration Options
- Disaster Recovery Plans and Consultancy
- Retention Planning
- Office 365 Backups
- Archival systems (up to 7 years)
HOW MUCH IS YOUR DATA WORTH TO YOU?
Our cloud backups are not comparable to other solutions that backup your data locally, whether to a NAS device or to external hard drives. Our solution is designed to be completely compliant with Data Protection Regulations such as ISO 27001.
Our solution is also a managed solution, we will perform daily checks as to whether you data has backed up successfully, performing test restores and providing reports as to whether they have been successful or not.
A way to lower costs is to only backup only the most critical data, such as Door access databases, MIS databases, financial databases and Admin/HR shared areas.
This typically would be less than 500GB and is a good starting point.
Can't decide what data needs to be backed up?
We offer a 7 year archiving service free of charge with this service. We have an arrangement with the backup provider that we get the first 30 days to organise the data before they begin charging
Copyright © 2021. All rights reserved.